Friday, April 17, 2009

Ed Schultz for Example

I just don't like the "ED" show on MSNBC. He just seems to be another man with rage issues and I frankly tire of rageholics dominating the discussion of America on Cable News and Talk Radio. If you scream loud enough and have that, "I'm as mad as hell and I not going to take it anymore!!" attitude you're destined to become a star. Sometimes a shooting star that fizzles out and is remembered more for your ultimate nervous breakdown than your wisdom but a star none the less. Think about how hard it was to get your face on Television only 30 years ago. Now its almost easy as public access. Just scream with a touch of sanity and suddenly you got listeners or viewers. But being full of rage does not make you understand the world with any more clarity. It will in a short time cloud your view of the world until your raucous opinion is as unnoticeable as if you screamed as two subway cars pass each other. Screaming back at those who oppose your thinking and your morals just isn't going to get it done. If you will notice I haven't screamed once as I wrote this. I'm trying to stop screaming. I'm much better at not screaming at my family now but inanimate objects are still suffering. I'm working on stopping that because that's just stupid. And I don't want to be any more stupid than I already am. So even though I'm not screaming I will be quiet.

Maybe if I get quiet and think before I speak I might do some good.

Love. Pass it forward.

No comments: